Monday 11 October 2010

My catch up on the campus session I missed...

As I logged into my Google Reader  I discovered there was a large amount of unread items for me to dig my teeth into to. These mostly being reflections and summaries from the latest Campus session.
Therefore I read the course reader on Professional Communications Technology as there seem to be much discussion on the use of the web tools, the difference between web 1.0 and web 2.0 and the Pros and Cons of Using these a Professional Practitioner.
This clarified how the development of web tools has allowed text to be Participatory opposed or additionally to just being Published, meaning it is open to opinions etc by the reader.

Thanks to my subscriptions I now have a clearer understanding of the difference between the web tools and the ways in which we use them in everyday life. As Joanna Adeyinka said in her recent post on the campus discussions, analysing the ways in which we use the web to network has made me realise quite how useful it is and how reliant I've become on these tools.
When reading various peoples blogs on the Pros and Cons I started to reflect on how important our reputation depicted through our online sites is and how I should be more sensitive to how easily our 'online personality' can be deformed. Therefore I am going to put some focus into exactly what and where there is informations/ photos of me. For example, Facebook what I want people to have access to, I saw that the idea of having seperate profiles for PROFESSIONAL and PERSONAL contacts however like Mark Iles states I wouldn't know which group to have many contacts in as often there not a clear segregation...

Thankyou guys for putting clear feedbacks from the session I've learnt alot.. These blogs are handy after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment