Tuesday 23 November 2010

Poems-Reflection on learning experience.

As I read back on the poems I have written over the past week as part of my reflective Journal. I can see lessons have been learnt from experience in just 5 short days. For example in my poem,'The Invisible Worker' I mention getting a job just from staying in touch.This is prove that although some networking is seasonal it is important to let others always be aware of your assistance and enthusiasm in their work as it could result in your next contract or simply another stop on your tube map!
Also thinking along the lines of your professional reputation, in my poem 'What's this favour?' I talk about, in a few ryhming couplets, my journey from being asked to do a job for a friend, to me ACCIDENTLY not texting back, to me actually missing out on that experience. Which is wholely down to the fact that i hadn't double checked or followed up the information at a earlier date. This is a consequence of reliabilty, which has taught me a lesson, therefore I am "Turning experience into knowledge"Boud(English and Gillen,2001).
If I was to relate my learning experience from writing these poems to the work of David Kolb I think the point in which i start to learn something new is in a 'Concrete experience' (doing something) as genuinely in life, taking it back to my singing,(for example) the teacher could describe how to change from one position of my larynx smoothly to another vocal quality as many times as they like but if I try it myself with that in mind, that's the point in which I am learn. In my poems the action has normaly taken place so I've 'done' then its moves round the learning cycle to the 'Reflective Observation' of reviewing what has happened and so on.
Another thing I observed when reading my reflective poems was that I mentioned listening to music atleast twice, genuinely in the past week it has been me listening to music that has stimulated me to finally write the poem at the end or at some point in my day. Stimulated me to create.
This got me thinking about my inquiry, for a while now I have noticed the importance of music for me on a everyday basis. How it effects my mood, or as i like to describe it my (daily colour). Therefore i am going to research and brainstorm about the effect that listening to music has on me this could lead to music therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment