Tuesday 23 November 2010

question myself.

Reading back on my last post and further into the reader on Reflective Practices, I feel I have put myself in the category of being a person that learns from 'concrete experience' however the more I thought about me as a learner I realised I can relate to Howard Gardner's idea of multiple ways to look at things(Gardner, 2005) as they do not limit you by making you feel you are one kind of learner.
Refecting on myself I am not one kind of learner, often I learn from relating to other people experiences and emotional life (intrapersonal) for example a close friend that graduated a couple of years before me, decided that Musical Theatre was restricting her and she wanted to explore the other creative side of herself, however this was a hard journey as she spent too much time and energy listening to what others thought or were saying about her, which upset her, this emotional involvement distracted her from her original need or goals. I have and carry on learning from her as she has similar personality traits and we care about other peoples opinions to much. So in this case I am using Reflective observation in the learning cycle (start to learn about it when they are watching the people aorund them doing it).

No comments:

Post a Comment