Tuesday 15 February 2011

?-??

Looking back on when I first started thinking about my Inquiry-http://jcgunnell.blogspot.com/2010/11/inquiry.html I realised that the answers wouldn't take long to find, resulting in dead ends, which I find uninspiring!
I want to infuse my current professional practice and interests with areas I would like to work in, in the future, therefore, keeping in mind my interest in the affect music has on our moods etc I broadened my horizons, looked at the bigger picture.
A question I came up with when asked for a big question during the last campus session was-
How can I reach out to others with my singing voice?
Again I feel this question has its restrictions, I'm not only interested in my voice, singing as a whole is such a universal use of communication. Singing reaches out to so many people, what is the attraction?
These thoughts lead to my current Big Question.
Why is singing such an important way of communicating?


Taking into account the 2d task on inquiry we did last term and the 4a task for this module; I came up with some sub-questions to help me along the way and perhaps open up some links for people to help create our SIGS.


  • In which scenarios do we use singing to communicate?
          And why?
  • What are the benefits of using singing as communication?
  • Is it always used as a positive way of communication?
  • Are humans the only species that use singing to communicate?
Hopefully this is a good starting point, to take it further and gather other associates points.
Any comments would be highly appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. I think there are some really great ideas and questions. "Is singing always used in a positive way?" is interesting. I think you should start to think about the context of your inquiry. This is just to focus-in on your current Professional Practice. Your questions could be in the context of teaching singing - if you do that, performing and how composers use singing in performance, general communication in society, how singing is seen by other singers? Each of these contexts impacts slightly differently on how the question is understood.
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete